I will update this occasionally as rules questions come up throughout the season
BoPo 18 Rules
Early Games – keep it moving:
Lanes open at 5:30, games start at 5:40 sharp, no practice balls after 5:40. Please be respectful of the late games by playing your game on time. If you’re early be efficient, if you’re late, take smoke breaks and take your time.
- Be nice
- Three games of four on four each night, 15 points available (same scoring system as always)
- Bowloffs are baker style, 5 on 5. If a team only has 4 they can roll just 4
- Standings tiebreaker: 1) head to head (if a two way tie) 2) total points 3) team average 4) one ball bowloff
- 11 game minimum to qualify for playoffs, each team must have at least two women playoff eligible in order to be in playoffs
- Anyone who isn’t on another BoPo team can sub, but can only play for one team each season
Playoffs: See the Playoff info tab, it’s complicated. Big changes include no Sunday shootout (it’s a whole new week of full fledged playoffs) and B playoffs is expanded to top 4 from each night
All Star Game: Wednesday, Feb 14th at 8pm (based on stats through Feb 9). Top 18 men and 12 women from each night, with 2 guaranteed B division men and women on each night roster. 7 game minimum to qualify
Relax: Still, don’t be a jerk. Don’t swear and yell at other people like an idiot. Don’t kick the ball return.
*DBAD: I’m adopting this one from Portland Ultimate. Don’t be a dick (or dink). It’s bowling. If you get mad at yourself that’s fine, but if you attempt to intimidate other players in a clearly non-joking and unwelcome way, you will be suspended from the league.