I will update this occasionally as rules questions come up throughout the season
Early Games – keep it moving:
Lanes open at 5:30, games start at 5:45 sharp, no practice balls after 5:45. Please be respectful of the late games by playing your game on time. Two and a half hours is way more time than you need to play three games, if you go past 8:15 you’re really being a dick to the folks bowling after you, so it gets back to the BoPo golden rule, DBAD. If you’re early be efficient, if you’re late, take smoke breaks and take your time.
- Be nice
- Minimum two women per roster. Teams must have two playoff eligible women (10 games) to qualify for the playoffs.
- Three games of four on four each night, 15 points available (same scoring system as always)
- Standings tiebreaker: 1) head to head (if a two way tie, or multi-team tie where one team beat all the others that are tied) 2) total points 3) team average 4) coin-toss
- 10 games minimum for playoff eligibility
- Players can only play for one team per season
Playoffs: The top 4 teams in each A Division and top 2 teams in each B division are in the playoffs. The bottom 9 from A and teams 3 through 13 from B all play in the Saturday or Sunday Shootout on April 1 or April 2.
The round of 32 is on April 4 and 6. Then we have the PBA in town from April 8-April 16. All Sweet 16 teams play on April 18th, quarterfinals and semifinals are April 20th.
Finals and Bowling Ball are April 22rd
B Finals: The top 2 teams from each B division will play in the 1st round of the regular playoffs. The winners, in addition to advancing in the regular playoffs, will then play in the B Division Finals before the Open Finals on April 22nd.
All Star Game: Tentative date Feb 15th, top 18 men and 12 women in average from each night qualify, 7 game minimum
Relax: I know the league has gotten more competitive and that’s cool. Still, don’t be a jerk. Don’t swear and yell at other people like an idiot. Don’t kick the ball return.
*DBAD: I’m adopting this one from Portland Ultimate. Don’t be a dick (or dink). It’s bowling. If you get mad at yourself that’s fine, but if you attempt to intimidate other players in a clearly non-joking and unwelcome way, you will be suspended from the league.